Post what you're thinking

Talk about almost anything here.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Okay now I'm thinking~

I'm REALLY looking forward to reading Three's A Paradox... :hyper2: hehe

Marill wrote: Oh well, I didn't hear about this no, *sniff* and I wasnt invited either (dont take that part seriously, heh).

Nope, really not surprised at all, I'm afraid. :roll: :panic:

No one was invited, really. His parents and sister, was pretty much it. Although way back when we started talking about this, long before I actually came here, I did actually suggest that you be invited. :D :marill: That was when we thought it'd be bigger, when my family could've come over, and friends as well.

Also thinking~

Thank goodness for babies that sleep through the night... :hyper:
Do you realize if it weren't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight?
~Al Boliska

Admiral
Admiral

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:36 pm

the wedding doesn't need to be a big wedding.. or even have family/friends there.. as long as there is a buffet for afterward.. there was a buffet right.. right!? *is afraid*

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Well... I suppose you could call it that~ we went back home afterwards and there was some food on the dining room table, simple and quiet. Way too quiet I thought, aren't people supposed to celebrate afterwards with music and dancing and champagne? We sat around and watched TV. I wanted a party. I almost fell asleep. :-/

Not to mention not being able to wear my own wedding ring. :( *growls*
~Al Boliska

Admiral
Admiral

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:44 pm

Well i've only been to one wedding.. i was the page boy *shudders*. I spent my time at the party afterward underneith a large buffet table with a bridesmaid. I think she had a light pink dress, or was it a pale green.. hmm. Anyway i was around 6,7 i think so it really doesn't matter

Sounds like you should have posponed the wedding actually. At least there was a buffet/table full of food though

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:33 pm

The wedding was a requirement of my being allowed to stay in the country, without it I'd be packing my bags right now.

I've only been to large weddings, big fancy affairs. Never seen one this small. But it got the job done, lol. It made me ''legal''. :-p

The important thing is that we both wanted this, the end result is the same. I just wish we had more pictures. Oh well.
~Al Boliska

Admiral
Admiral

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Topaz wrote:No one was invited, really. His parents and sister, was pretty much it. Although way back when we started talking about this, long before I actually came here, I did actually suggest that you be invited. :D :marill: That was when we thought it'd be bigger, when my family could've come over, and friends as well.

Also thinking~

Thank goodness for babies that sleep through the night... :hyper:

Neh it's all right.. I wouldnt have anything to wear, haha.. plus travel and work, it would of been a nightmare to sort out :hyper:

Funny that I'm replying to this with my mam watching ER in the background, all I could hear was a screaming baby :paranoid: :panic:

the wedding doesn't need to be a big wedding.. or even have family/friends there.. as long as there is a buffet for afterward.. there was a buffet right.. right!? *is afraid*

Mmmmmm party food ........................

The wedding was a requirement of my being allowed to stay in the country, without it I'd be packing my bags right now.

I've only been to large weddings, big fancy affairs. Never seen one this small. But it got the job done, lol. It made me ''legal''. :-p

Heh, I'm dumb. I thought everything was sorted out, visa wise.. I didn't realise that this was a requirement. Oh well, as long as you both wanted it, it's ok then.

I just wish we had more pictures. Oh well.

*waits expectantly*

oh crap, that baby is screaming again. sigh.. I'm so glad I have no desire to be a mum, I have no patience, there'd be a lot of heatbutting the wall (mine not the baby's, perhaps the dad too mwhahahaha.. that'll teach him), hair pulling (again.. I can't stress this enough), and me quivering in the corner. Honestly, if I didn't have my mp3 player last night, I would of been jumping off the moving bus.. that bloody kid, why was she screaming every 2 seconds!!!! :argue: :bang: Anyways...

Now I'm thinking:
Mmmm bananas in custard, very nice

Mmmmm coffee

Heh, Ashley Cole cheated on wife Cheryl (Girls Aloud), who plays Sarah-Amy in Slayer X..... if this was based in the series, that man would be dead now or being tortured as we speak.. lol, though would James ever let any guy marry his daughter, not likely. hehe *imagines shotgun wedding.. not the usual kind either*

God the weirdest things amuse me.
No Marill, no one's seen you playing with your dolls again

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:07 pm

The whole visa thing is very complicated, during the six month visa I came here on, it was required that we be married in order for them to not throw me out at the end of December. We were a little late with that, but meanwhile had to send off for my extension visa which is good for two years. If they give me that one (still waiting) and we prove that we are really sincere about staying together, I can apply for the permanent residency visa.

So assuming that they overlook the fact that we didn't do things exactly by the rules, and that we don't kill one another meanwhile, everything should work out just fine. :D

We would've preferred getting married at our own time, when we decided to, but there wasn't time for that. It was a question of doing it when they said and staying, or waiting until we wanted to and me staying in America. Although, to be honest, my coming here and leaving some really good paychecks behind and us having so many more expenses now, I'm thinking it might not have been the smartest move in the world.

Who is this baby that keeps crying? At first I thought you meant it was on ER, is it a neighbor's baby? They cry when they're hungry or not feeling well, sometimes all they need is a cuddle.
Now that Kyle is older he doesn't cry as loudly or as much, a lot of the time if I just hold him he settles right down.

He really is a good baby. :D
~Al Boliska

Admiral
Admiral

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:50 pm

It was on ER, I was in the next room but I could hear it way too clearly >_<

I'm thinking:
- Wow that Esper (I think) in that cave really kicked my ass, and my god I'm getting rank 5 marks now.. yes rank 2 was easyish enough, but not that easy. Damn this game, I thought the marks were ordered by difficulty, but the current order have the ranks all muddled up. Me confused. Also one of the marks is in the same cave, same entry to it.. oh joy.

- Stupid burned thumb. I didn't even deserve to burn myself there, I wasn't being careless, I don't know how it happened. :(

- I'll have to hold off on doing the upgrade to the forums. I don't know if you can even template version 3, plus I know it would take me ages to do everything needed. The forum would be closed for ages.

Admiral
Admiral

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:19 am

They also cry when they get frustrated that they can't quite reach the star they're trying to bat about so you have to pick him up for a bit so he can hit it and make funny noises ^^

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Lol that's pretty funny, Kyle has a mobile above his cot and was always so desperate to bat at the little animals hanging on it. So he decided to grab one of his favourite stuffed toys and use that as a batting device. It's so cute to watch him beating up those innocent little mobile critters. :lol:

:sleep: :sign4:
~Al Boliska

Admiral
Admiral

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Heh, now I'm thinking.. which is better? Working only one day a week for 8 hours, getting paid something like 42 (but losing 4.20 for the bus) and well staying in work full stop. Or quitting it, trying to sign on to get a few more quid a week, risking them taking away 6 weeks/months (cant remember which) because I quit a job. Or asking the job centre for help, while still working (not fiddle of course).. under 16 hours they usually do, but is it worth it?

Sigh.. if there was no one willing to work Saturdays now, I'd be out of the job completely. Yeah I don't like the job, but still.. it's a dilemma.

Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:55 am

Oh gawd - 64 posts since last visit O.O
Must've been away for to long.
Uni starts in a coupla weeks.
My boss is a cow.
Anywho, off to check the 63 remaining posts out...
"I was young and crazy ok, probably drunk,"

Quote James (FV5.04)

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Marill wrote:Heh, now I'm thinking.. which is better? Working only one day a week for 8 hours, getting paid something like 42 (but losing 4.20 for the bus) and well staying in work full stop.

I'd stay for the full time, if it's only for awhile then you'd get so much more money and it'd make it worth your while plus more than pay for the bus fare.

Get it over with, and you'll be so happy when you have all that money! :D

That's what I think, anyways.

Nice to see you, trekygirl! :hi:

I'm thinking Pizza Hut buffet ~ Yum!! :D
~Al Boliska

Admiral
Admiral

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:53 pm

So much more money?????????????????? Fulltime???????????????

Um..............

*blank stare* Where did I lose you?

Let me rewrite that, cos I seem to have gotten the wrong point across.

When you're unemployed you're entitled to something like 90 odd pound a fortnight, something like 45/46 a week. For doing nothing mainly.

I've been working in a tiny/crummy gift card shop since November to cover xmas. I was doing 20 - 28 hours a week, depending on what everyone elses shifts were. This shop's management is terrible for many reasons I wont go into (not yet anyhow).

I figured I was an xmas temp, I'm still there and it's February. Not too bad really, I am/was working there for two days a week, 16 hours. I got paid 85 pound.. again, not bad. I can live on that.

For some reason a few weeks ago they changed my shift times, only slightly from 9 to 5:30 , to 9:15 to 5:30. Note this place does not pay me for the 5 - 5:30, it does not.. I worked it out. Though for this 15 minutes, they take away some of my pay and I'm paid for 15 and a half hours instead. True it's not much, but whenever I asked about this, I was ignored. When I say ignored, they either changed the subject or blanked me.

Round about the same time they started hiring for somebody to work Saturdays. It quickly changed to Friday and Saturdays, 16 hours. Wait a minute, those were my days. I was convinced my temp "contract" was over. There was no room for me once they brought in somebody new, and no one else was leaving.

Last monday I got the phone call from the boss. She told me they were hiring the new person to open and close the shop on a Saturday as nobody wanted Saturdays anymore, and they couldnt trust me to do it (thank god). So they wanted a more experienced person to do it. Because the boss is disappointed in sales, compared to xmas they're very poor.. they can't really afford to keep me as well.* I was asked to work one day a week with the new girl on the Saturday, and that's it.

*how daft is this women? It's a card shop..... it's always going to do better at Xmas. Geeze, you don't get a general idea of how much money you're getting a week at Christmas time.

I told her that I'd be getting less money than if I was on the dole. She prattled on about not wanting to lose me, blah blah... so I said I'd try it. Knowing full damn well that I have direct debits going out of my account, plus there's a 4.20 busfare to pay to get into work, plus food....... I wouldnt have much left of a days work worth of money. None of it would go into my bank anyway for weeks, my bank balance would slowly go down.

I panicked. Here were the options to consider, hence my last post:

+ I quit the job. The Job Centre would investigate my case, and probably wouldn't give me any money for weeks. If they did at least all the money would go into my bank right away, leaving me not to worry about my direct debits.

+ Keep the job, and save a little of my pay each week and put in a tiny amount into my bank to pay the direct debits. Plus getting more and more depressed than I'm working in a job I dont even like, for less money than I should be getting. Can anybody, anybody see the point in working for barely any money, I mean if it's a job you like, fine.. but I hate this job. You can hardly say, "well at least you're getting work experience, and/or you're still in work"... any employer would probably wonder why I'm only working one day a week in a shop, its not going to show me as a hard worker is it, its going to look like I'm a lazy deadbeat (which I am really, but nm)

+ Keep the job, but sign on at the Job Centre to get an extra 10 pound. See above.

This week I'll get a grand total of £44.16. The chavs that live in my street that haven't gotten themselves knocked up yet for the extra cash benefits would get more than me. Yes only a little more, but that's besides the point.

I'm still VERY baffled as to what's happening now though. I found out on Friday, that next week I'm in two days. Same again for the week after, three days for when someone's on holiday. I was told I'd be doing one day permanently, well until I'm gone anyway. Since EVERYONE, including the new girl I think is allowed holidays and I'm not, that should mean I'm not getting kept on. This girl was supposed to cover holidays and sickness btw, why am I doing it now? And why is my shifts different, why did the boss let me panic and get really stressed for four/five whole days for just one week. I'm very confused. I don't know what's happening at all.

I haven't ever worked full time (which is 30 hours+ I think) at this place, even during xmas. The most I've done is 28 hours, that was when I was in six days for four hours, not every day, if there were any buses from Stanley on a Sunday I would of been there seven days.

You tell me I should stay for the full time, which I'm sorry.. I don't want to be rude, I don't, I really dont, so please don't think I'm trying to upset ya. I'm just wondering where you got that from, and the "so much more money" bit from. There's only one person in the shop that works full time, just one. Everyone else are part time.

It's a tiny shop:
    only two people cover the shop
    it's open six days a week
    five people work there
    one works 5 days a week to support her daughter

As you can see I cannot choose full time. My options were as I said in my original post, and I rewrote above. Of course now I'm an even more confusing situation as I don't know what's happening to me anymore.

Now I'm thinking, my tea's gotta be cold by now. Mmm spaghetti bolegnase.......... pizza hut? Man I'll never get to go there for a while. Plus, I'm still very confused... I was confused before, now you've lost me.

Also thinking:
[list=]I really should see a doc about my back, this is not normal.
Damn Pokemon, damn Toonami....
That Sugababes video gave me a headache..
Damn Emma's obsession with so many TV shows, nobody tell her about the many, many shows she likes being on channels I have but she doesn't, or I'll never stop having to be a recording service.
Which mark on FFXII should I go for next, so many choices. So many ways to die.
God, that's a long annoying post, I should say something that isnt a rant[/list]

Um.. one of these days I'll write that Pokemon parody series. It just rewrites all the original episodes, but in my awful humour(less) way which isn't even original anyway:

Ash: Uhoh, I'm losing. *pulls out Pokedex* Dexter, cheat mode, password ashis1337.
*Pikachu learns Agility2, but it's really Agility, wink wink*
Ash: Pikachu, Agility!!!
*Pikachu runs around the opponent, and then tackles it.. it's 900 HP goes down instantly*
Opponent: o_0 WTF

Or in the latest episode:
Ash: Uhoh, I'm losing. *pulls out Pokedex Mark 2000* Pokedex, cheat mode, password ashisstill1337.
*Turtwig learns Synthesis extra, extra early..*
Ash: Ah ha, Synthesis.. heal bitch!
Paul: o_0 but it's only Level 6!?!?! It hasn't even evolved yet.

God that series will suck.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:09 pm

I think I misunderstood what you meant. :cry:

I'd like to change my answer to: That sounds like a horrible situation, it doesn't sound like it's worth staying, especially if you hate it so much. :blush: Sorry I misunderstood. :bang: I'm good at that.
~Al Boliska

Admiral
Admiral

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:18 pm

It's ok, nobody understands me... I don't either.

Stuff like this brings out the worst out of me. Though ranting seems to happen no matter what mood I'm in, lol.

Last Friday I looked up those shifts, and I was in such a foul/depressed mood.. the woman working with me asked a few times what was wrong. I just couldn't be bothered with general politeness, yeah it's not the customers fault, but I'm not exactly in love with customer service haha.

Anyway one woman did bring a smile to my face for the wrong reason. However in my normal mood I would of panicked and/or stressed over it, that I'd have to go in the back to calm down.. but of course it never would of happened anyway as I'm always polite anyway.

She didnt like the fact that I didn't say "29 pence please" and just said "29 pence". She said, "what?" I repeated, and she said "29 pence PLEASE!" and handed over the 29p in change exactly. She stormed off ranting away to her companion about how rude I was and everything. I just smirked away, probably cos she reminded me soooo much of my primary school teacher.

Me: Can I go to the bathroom?
Teacher: PARDON!?
Me: Can I go to the bathroom Miss?
Teacher: PARDON!?

Seriously, she never explained why she was saying this. It went on like that for a while.

Now I'm thinking, um.. god I wonder if that was her relative or something. Oh and I want more coffee.

Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:18 pm

Nice to see ya again to Maril :marill:

I'm thinking... weooweooweoo - treky likes sirens.
"I was young and crazy ok, probably drunk,"

Quote James (FV5.04)

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:09 pm

I think ranting is great! :D There's a whole topic for it after all. :-p I could probably fill it up in one day if I was so inclined...

I have so many stories like that from working retail for - well forever really, I could write a book. Unfortunately it would be a very boring book and no one would read it. :yawn:

I remember one time, I was waiting on a very angry customer and he was yelling at me for NO reason, I kept my cool and was so polite he didn't know what to do with me. When he was storming out I said "have a nice day". :hyper: My boss was impressed. hehe

The fun thing is, angry people are going to be mean no matter how you treat them, if you're nice it throws them off and they really don't know what to do. It's great fun. :angel:
~Al Boliska

Admiral
Admiral

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Nice to see you back treky.

Sirens.. you like sirens, take my job for me. It's all that you hear. Police always, always come speeding through the street, almost knocking over some *cough* innocent chav using the crossing.

As for the angry customer, I haven't had that many. There was that above, which was Friday. The other was this woman I served in my early days, she bought a few things and two boxes of these jelly fruit sweets, 99p each. I bagged these up and everything, so I knew she had gotten them all.

She stormed back later while I was in the back room, and Emma was on the till. Emma called me to ask if I remembered to pack these sweets. Seeing that this woman was pretty miffed already, my stress level went sky high.. which always forces my brain to stop working. I couldn't remember at the time, the woman wasn't making it any easier for me by ranting and raving at Emma. She's not the best at being nice in a situation like that. I was standing there, panicking.. wondering what I did in the first place. I ended up, just to get rid of this vile woman.. just "admitting" I didn't pack them. She took the last two boxes and left the store vowing to never come back.

Near the end of my break Emma came to the back where I was, and told me that she came back, dumped the sweets near the till and said she found hers at the bottom of the carrier I packed for her. Didn't say anything like sorry or anything, she just left.

The better one was the woman (again a woman, the same age group as above and my earlier post.. whats up with that?) who was trying to return two 39p 2008 diaries. It was Xmas time so there's a huuuuuge queue, only one till and me manning it. If the people in the queue don't ask for anything, just buy the stuff they give me, it all goes quickly.. I mean I can type stuff in fast and whatnot. I see the woman looking agitated at the back of this queue, muttering "I don't have time for this"

Gillian comes over to help me pack to get rid of the queues quicker, or so I thought. Anyway the woman was asking for a credit note for these two diaries, cos we don't refund, just exchange. Gillian tells her she'll gladly write it out for her, it'll just take a while. The woman grumbles on about not enough time, and storms out, again vowing never to shop there again. lol. 78p, 78 bloody pence.. honestly.

Why did she even want to return stuff of that much, at Christmas time when you know it's going to be queues aplenty, when you're in a hurry no less. I'd just keep them or chuck them, I mean I still have that Gamebody link cable that never worked, it only cost me £1.

Anyway apparently she had already gone to Emma to ask for a refund. Got redirected to Gillian for the credit note. She didn't come over to help me at all, she came over to probably appear like she was too busy to do the credit note for this stingy woman. Ah.. retail, customer is always right, except at the times when they're absolute twats.

Still funny to look back on this though. The polite obsessed woman just amused me at the time though. The first incident with the sweets sent my stress levels through the roof, and she wasn't even yelling at me. Surely I was an easier target than fiesty Emma, who will give the rudeness right back. The 78p woman, I was just glad I blanked her.. cos otherwise if I had to deal with her, I'd of quit on the spot.

Me no good at people yelling at me. I wouldn't be able to keep my cool. I'd just stand there, shaking.. having a nervous breakdown, you get the idea. You can tell I was one of those kids who was always* good, cos I was scared of getting into trouble hehe. *with a few exceptions lol.

Now I'm thinking, my posts are way too long. I need coffee, mmmmmmm

Admiral
Admiral

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Firstly, Happy birthday to multiple peoples! Minly Treky since she posts :)

Secondly, phpBB3 'olympus' is incredibly easy to install so your fine there. But if you want i'll help you with that still

It can be skinned. Just like before, except i haven't gotten round to starting yet. and you do have to start from scratch.. it's a totally different setup

Edit: i added the upgrade to this forum btw
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion