Old "Forum Template" Topic

Post here if you need help with anything on the forum.
(Guest posting no longer allowed here)

Admiral
Admiral

Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:09 pm

Old "Forum Template" Topic

Ok this is a brand new template and I'm positive there's still problems with it. If you have a problem with anything on the forum just let me know here.
No Marill, no one's seen you playing with your dolls again

Ensign
Ensign

Post Fri May 07, 2004 5:26 pm

well your main forum image (at the top) is 20px too small 750*180 being stretched to 770*180, but it looks like you planned to have liks there so i presume your still doing something with it... flash perhaps?

i couldn't upload my own av, i had to link to an offsite one, but i'm ok with that,
and not enough supported code :S
can't change themes

and i'll keep looking :P
*sowwy*
<center>
<a href="http://rewrecked.co.uk" target="_blank">_________________________</a>
_just in the knicker time_
</center>

Admiral
Admiral

Post Fri May 07, 2004 6:27 pm

well your main forum image (at the top) is 20px too small 750*180 being stretched to 770*180

Hey you're right, that's not right.. thanks for noticing. I'll fix it when I get back home unless my internet's still playing up.

but it looks like you planned to have liks there so i presume your still doing something with it... flash perhaps?

That menu part will be changed, the original menu plan didn't work so I tried using image maps but that didn't work properly either.

I couldn't upload my own av, i had to link to an offsite one, but i'm ok with that,

I'll look into that and I'll get back to u. I know another forum I went to had that bother, does it come up with a strange error or is there no actual option for it?

and not enough supported code :S

Must check the settings for that :lol:

can't change themes

That's intentional. I've made a lot of big changes to this forum and the other themes aren't compatible, sorry. I'd edit them but I'm low on time as it is.. I hope u understand. Of course if there's something u dont like about this current one I'll see if I can change it :D

Ensign
Ensign

Post Fri May 07, 2004 7:05 pm

thats cool, i can live with this theme :P

but t'was the weird error i got about my av, didn't really look but the general idea is that it would allow access to the server, or so i'd hazard a guess.

so did you add any new recodnised code snippets?
<center>
</center>

Ensign
Ensign

Post Fri May 07, 2004 7:35 pm

only me again :jump:

looks like the forum title box's are being crushed down buy the size of the last post box with the longest date in.. you could set the width of the last post box's so it's always the same, of course you could not aswell, just a matter of opinion :hi:

and maybe shrink the size of the ranking image so it fits the size of av's? 85*85

(edit)
oh yeah, i forgot, people with too many contact details get the icons pushed off the edge of the forum

or do i just not make any sense at all?
(/edit)

/me is thinking your not gonna like me very soon
<center>
</center>

Admiral
Admiral

Post Sat May 08, 2004 1:49 pm

but t'was the weird error i got about my av, didn't really look but the general idea is that it would allow access to the server, or so i'd hazard a guess.

Yeh I tried that, it's a problem with the coding I think. The original theory was that the avatars folder was read only but that didn't make any difference. I'll fix it at a later time.. remember the forums aren't officially open yet and the old ones are still there for the time being. I do have lots of eps to write and the eps should come first. Ill keep u up to date though.

so did you add any new recodnised code snippets?

I think I did lol, I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing there. Tell me how to do it and I'll see if I've done it right :)

and maybe shrink the size of the ranking image so it fits the size of av's? 85*85

those are from another site so I can't keep em anyway, they're temporary until I make new ones.

oh yeah, i forgot, people with too many contact details get the icons pushed off the edge of the forum

No that did make sense. I noticed that problem too, nm.. I could just delete some of the options so it wont happen again.

Admiral
Admiral

Post Sat May 08, 2004 2:43 pm

I think it is the ICQ image, if you look at the coding on this page it has a absolute position set to it, though i don't think the widths have been changed from the original and i am sure the FF site this is from doesn't have a problem with it.. have a look see what you think?

Ensign
Ensign

Post Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm

very probably the icq image,

can i still reccomend making the ranking images 85px wide??, heights doesn't really matter but i think i'd reccomend 20px

i don't think you should delete any options, all must be fixable, but i don't know my way aroung these forums coding, so unless i'm getting very borec i can't be much direct help
<center>
</center>

Admiral
Admiral

Post Sat May 08, 2004 7:39 pm

I'll have a look at the viewforum body file, it might be there. I'm not even sure why it's not doing it anymore, did u get rid of one of your contact details or something?

can i still reccomend making the ranking images 85px wide??, heights doesn't really matter but i think i'd reccomend 20px

Well that would mean that everyone has to have an avatar 85px wide for it to look right :) Just kidding, sure I'll do that.. but it wont be 4 a while. In about a week I'll spend a lot of the day working on the forum so don't hesitate to give me suggestions or report any problems. Any dumbass suggestions will not be responded to poiletly mind u, it really depends how the second week in May goes :lol:

Ensign
Ensign

Post Sat May 08, 2004 7:51 pm

yeah i didn't put my yahoo details in, but the icq image is still off the side.. :-\

slighlty off topic.. you thought about making recent posts show first? it saves watching it all show up.

and also.. i don't mind lending a hand with images, if you want that is.
<center>
</center>

Admiral
Admiral

Post Sun May 09, 2004 10:28 pm

It isn't off the side with mine.. odd

Btw the forums do show most recent topics first.. unless you're talking about the posts in the topics. I don't know, that would be very confusing as I'm sure everyone else is used to it this way round.

I wouldn't worry about the images, the rank images would only take half an hour :p

Return to Support Forum