Yay or Nay?

Here's the place to talk about the series. Insert cricket chirping here.

Admiral
Admiral

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Yay or Nay?

Ok I do not know where to start, soo I'm sorry if this is more cluttered than usual. It's most likely because I've copy and pasted bits and pieces all over the place. Please be aware that I'm only blaming myself for the mess this site, forum and I am in, and nobody else. If it appears like I'm blaming you or anyone else, I'm not.. I'm just a crap writer.

Also
Notice I didn't put this as a poll, these things are beyond useless anyway as they tell me nothing even if they're voted in. I could say the same for most of the feedback on the site as it's been abused by spambots for years, and god help me if I know the difference between a legit and a bot. (edit: :fu: you spambots) . Who knows how many of the users in the notification group are real people. So ahem, I blame spambots as well as me. Lets get on with it..

----
Too long/sum it up version
Scroll down to the bottom ;) just search for another ---- . ;)
----

You know I've toyed with the idea of Fifth Voyager revival for a while now, and all it simply comes down to is that it's probably never going to happen now. Only a select few read it in the first place and I'm sure my procastinating has put the rest of you off anyway. The idea to restart the series by rewriting most of the fail episodes (ho hum 90%+) was probably the worst idea I could of had as Season Five was left hanging, either way.

Last year I had a go at changing the format of the last season as well as rewriting Caretaker. I was surprised that the Season Five side of things were much easier to write. It never went any further than that as I again threw my toys out of the pram when no one "appeared" to notice it. I mean duh, most of FV was like that and it didn't stop me continuing it then. What's changed, and when did this happen?

Why has feedback and lack thereof become so important to me? Why did I let my experience at fanfiction.net get to me so easily? Why haven't I let myself finish both the movie and Caretaker if I know or feel like no one's watching. If I screw up with either of them no one's going to let me know, so why am I so worried that if I continue either Caretaker or Death of the Soul, they're going to suck? It's all becoming so clear to me now, I continue to make videos on Youtube as I'm getting attention. I'm not writing Fifth Voyager as well, yeah.. Somebody needs to give me a good slap in the face for letting it get this bad, Fifth Voyager WAS ALWAYS like this and I loved it. I devoted most of my life to writing, when did this happen?

If I can convince myself that I'm writing for me again will I be able to continue FV, or any writing project for that matter? :scared:

Sooo......
----
There are some questions that need answering, I'm hoping a lovely kind soul that will get a cookie will reply and answer at least one of them. I mean yeah, I need to get my act together and stop waiting for attention

FV was easier to write when I didn't care what I was doing and what people thought of it. Though it was way TOO EASY to write *cough*SeasonOne*cough* when I knew I was alone on my old geocities site :P . I had a happy medium during B4FV Season Three/Season Four. I had a schedule I didn't stick to, so I wasn't rushing anything out there 90% of the time and I was enjoying doing what I was doing. I still don't know why it all went wrong, maybe I assumed cos I was writing better that I deserved better.

Ego much :shake: *slaps self* Anyway... the questions.

Is it too late for a Fifth Voyager revival now?

Would anybody be even interested in reading new material?

Is it worth the site remaining open for the old material?
If the series ends or not, btw. I don't mind it staying open, but a huge redesign would be in order**

If it returned would it piss off anyone who wanted to know what happens in Season Five if it again was snubbed for the older season's rewrite (Caretaker)?

Does Season Five even deserve some closure?

Would anyone even enjoy to reread episodes that have been rewritten in more of a B4FV3/Season 4(5) style?

Are the problems with the series I highlighted in the topic below even that big a deal?

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=777

Do you agree that the reason Fifth Voyager has died like it has was because of me growing an ego, expecting feedback when I didn't need it before? Or do you think it's something else. Please be honest, I wont be a bitch like I was in those fanfiction.net topics here, I promise. I wish I could say it's a lack of interest, but I'm still interested in a lot of the characters I created, and my thoughts always wander to the revival project and the unfinished movie.

Do you think FV is worth reviving or should it be left to RIP. Again, honesty is good.

If you've read all that cookies for you, if you post a response that isn't spambotty then you'll get a bucket of coffee to dunk the cookies in (or your head.. make sure it's not hot when you do)

Regarding the website itself I had originally planned to give the site a complete overhaul, starting everything but obviously the episodes from scratch. With only a few days to go I don't think it'll happen on the anniversary, there's nothing to celebrate this year either so I guess it doesn't need to be then. I'll have to at least update the site to point out this topic, I can't do that at work as my ftp program has decided it's not registered anymore o_0 If I decide to give up FV or not doesn't matter, the site needs a makeover and I will do it someday soon.
No Marill, no one's seen you playing with your dolls again

Admiral
Admiral

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:17 am

Re: Yay or Nay?

Is it too late for a Fifth Voyager revival now?

It's never too late to revive anything.. i mean Take That are back :'(

Would anybody be even interested in reading new material?

I can't really answer this.. actually most of these questions are not really answerable by me :(

If i actually read the series right through to the last episode wrote i'd definitely want to find out what happened, since i do for everything i watch. aside from star trek a-lot of it gets canceled. Though that being said, the amount of shows i actually watch is probably not even double figures

Is it worth the site remaining open for the old material?
If the series ends or not, btw. I don't mind it staying open, but a huge redesign would be in order**

No reason to really take it down. Unless you just wanna stop paying for the hosting. You could always made downloads of the completed seasons. i mean completed, not partially completed

If it returned would it piss off anyone who wanted to know what happens in Season Five if it again was snubbed for the older season's rewrite (Caretaker)?

Probably yes, assuming they've already read b4fv.

Not taking me into account since this is the only fan fiction i've ever read. Aside from a sonic book it's pretty much all i have ever read, so i don't count. However most people who read this would read the rewrites. But would prefer new

Does Season Five even deserve some closure?

This is just question 2 wrote in a different way. Unless of course you truly meant new material and were not actually talking about fv at all. In which case. It would depend what you write (pretty obvious really :/, and off-topic)

Would anyone even enjoy to reread episodes that have been rewritten in more of a B4FV3/Season 4(5) style?

Another question thats not answerable by me. bah, i suck

I think i'm possibly the only person that likes season 1, the general looseness is good (pretty much why i like reaper so much). Though i'm not sure how that has relevance

I assume you mean the how the characters are wrote and integrate though I did read someone talking about how fv was hard to read on some forum once, he was going on about the play-script making it hard to understand what was going on

Not so surprisingly i disagree with him. I follow that stuff easily and found it harder figuring out what was going on in uncats movie (generic writing style)

Not sure where i read that. It has to have been something you linked too

Are the problems with the series I highlighted in the topic below even that big a deal?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=777

I partially read it when you posted it, decided it was just you being an emo b!tch and closed it.. and i'm not reading it now. So :fu:

Do you agree that the reason Fifth Voyager has died like it has was because of me growing an ego, expecting feedback when I didn't need it before, Or do you think it's something else?
Please be honest, I wont be a bitch like I was in those fanfiction.net topics here, I promise. I wish I could say it's a lack of interest, but I'm still interested in a lot of the characters I created, and my thoughts always wander to the revival project and the unfinished movie.

No. It isn't

I wouldn't be so absolute but you've been doing this for years, long before you pretty much stopped writing. You haven't grown much of an ego either, if you have it's hiding in a corner somewhere shivering afraid to go into the light in case it gets spooked by it's own shadow ^^

On several occasions over however many years I've pretty much told you to just keep writing as long as you actually enjoy writing and screw the readers. You can't cater for everybody, this forum is a good example of that.. it added in a load of things people popularly go for and now it's crap. hah (phpBB3=epic fail)

Do you think FV is worth reviving or should it be left to RIP? Again, honesty is good.

Nobody's opinion on this question matters except for your own. If you don't want to write fv, don't write fv. But since i think you do, try to finish it and forget about how much attention it gets

It would always be worth finishing with regards to the readers. any series would. So yes it is worth reviving

You can be as b!tchy with me as you like btw. I normally wouldn't have even replied to this, and shouldn't have

Side note: F*&^ YOU SPELL-CHECK

Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:43 am

It could definitely be revived and while I'm here;

THANKYOU FOR NOT DISAPEERING!!!!!

I would read new material as I get the chance, but unfortunately being in the third year of a grueling uni degree I don't get as much chance to read it as when I was a 13yr old homeschool kid :]

Anyway, I'm just happy to be back!
"I was young and crazy ok, probably drunk,"

Quote James (FV5.04)

Admiral
Admiral

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Okeydokey, I haven't been here much.. at all. I saw both replies ages ago tbh, but I think I'm in a better state of mind to reply to this topic.

(mind, what's mind?)

Anyway thanks for the replies :) really.

One of these days I'll figure out why I stopped writing, but to be perfectly honest I don't think it's been simply one reason.

Anyway with two months to the 10 years anniversary of the series, I've been thinking a lot more about it. For longer than that I had decided to work on a "final" design for the anniversary, but that's another matter.

I'm leaning more on the side of continuing Season Five than starting the remake, which I guess is a good sign. However I nearly went into shock when I decided to reread the whole season to get myself back into it. 2005. 2005 I started it. I can't believe that much time has passed.

I should of realised that it had been ages when I first read this:
I would read new material as I get the chance, but unfortunately being in the third year of a grueling uni degree I don't get as much chance to read it as when I was a 13yr old homeschool kid :]

:shock:

Good news is that the latest entry to Season Five* that I wrote is high on my list of "to do's" and I've had to rethink some of it, making it better. Bad news none of it is written, but one step at a time lol.

*(Death of the Soul.. which will be demoted back to episode status. "movies" are daft anyway when the more recent episodes are longer than the old films. beats the whole idea of them really)

The remake will be on the cards eventually, I've already written pages and pages of notes about all that I wanted in Season One in the first place (but was toooo lazy to write haha), and stuff I thought about years later. I was going to continue Caretaker and redo the prequels, but the perfect starting point always would be with Aggression(s). There was an actual plot once upon a time for that, but I was 15 and for some reason in a hurry to finish. However it's there already, and the series isn't finished. Season Five deserves to come first, no matter how much better I think the new Season One would be :P

I haven't a clue how I'll manage it as S5 will prob take me another 5 years lol, but we'll see how it goes in the next few months.

It is odd that I basically have the freedom in my job to actually write S5, while being paid for it. I just don't. It's weird, and the sooner I get passed it the better.

I did read someone talking about how fv was hard to read on some forum once, he was going on about the play-script making it hard to understand what was going on

Not so surprisingly i disagree with him. I follow that stuff easily and found it harder figuring out what was going on in uncats movie (generic writing style)

That was probably good old troll site fanfiction.net. I hadn't been there in 1/2 years until recently, and I've seen a club invented for people to complain about fics they just don't like and hope that they can get the members to spam report the fics for deletion.

I'd understand if the fics were full of filth, spam or stolen etc.. but these were all reports saying I didn't like this, didn't like that. I'm glad I left, and after finding that topic I felt like deleting FV off of the site. What would be the point though :/

I partially read it when you posted it, decided it was just you being an emo b!tch and closed it.. and i'm not reading it now. So :fu:

NO U

You can be as b!tchy with me as you like btw. I normally wouldn't have even replied to this, and shouldn't have

To be fair I hope I said this in person when we talked about it, but I'm glad you did, and for once agreed with what you said. I'll be bitchy to you for other reasons, you can count on it ^_^

Anyways maybe some day I'll do, something. It's not like I'm not creative at all anymore, I do other things (not great things but lol nm). Who knows ^_^

Admiral
Admiral

Post Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Marill wrote:I haven't a clue how I'll manage it as S5 will prob take me another 5 years lol, but we'll see how it goes in the next few months.

October 19th, 2010, 3:07 pm

29. Back To Normal
Synopsis: The final chapter.
Release Date: 4th December 2015
Completed: 31st January 2016

:lol:

close enough!

Return to General Discussion